Often times we find ourselves reading and studying the Word, but find it difficult to apply it to our lives practically. I’m not saying that the Bible offers no examples of how to live a life that is pleasing to God (because it does), but I’m saying that some examples or ideas can seem dated when you’re living life through a millennial’s point of view. The Bible doesn’t discuss the complexities of social media, “Netflix and Chillin,” and the nuances of dating/courting in today’s society. But, the good news is that there are tons of inspirational Instagram pages and YouTube channels that can encourage you on your journey of spirituality. Along with the Word, feeding your soul with books, videos, etc. that can help you stay on the right path is key in this internet crazy world. Here are a few of my favorites!
- @Godlydating101: This Instagram page is full of inspirational quotes, hilarious church/spiritual life memes, and Bible verses that can feed your soul while you’re scrolling through your timeline.
- Ashley Empowers (Ashley Brown): This YouTube channel is comprised of interviews with courting, engaged, and/or married couples that share their testimonies, and Ashley and her husband Carrington also share their advice about relationships, spiritual life and so much more!
- Heather Lindsey: Powerhouse Heather Lindsey is a popular preacher of purity who posts empowering and convicting nuggets on her Instagram page, and she makes YouTube videos as well.
- Dephne Madyara: I recently found Dephne’s videos, and she has truly blessed my soul with her series on courtship. She breaks down the Word and inspires you to live for the Lord.
- Will & Dom: I literally just found their YouTube page last week and it was refreshing to see how much God’s light shines through them. They are very transparent and discuss their pasts as well as their passion for spreading the Word of Christ.
- Worth the Wait: Brandon and Sheretta’s YouTube Channel has helped me from the beginning of my celibacy journey until where I’m at now. They cover so many aspects of courtship, engagement, and even just your personal relationship with God.
Books Worth Reading:
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris: I Kissed Dating Goodbye, with its inspiring call to sincere love, real purity, and purposeful singleness, remains the benchmark for books on Christian dating. Now, for the first time since its release, the national #1 bestseller has been expanded with new content and updated for new readers. Honest and practical, it challenges cultural assumptions about relationships and provides solid, biblical alternatives to society’s norm. (via Amazon)
- Women Have All The Power…Too Bad They Don’t Know It by Michael Lockwood: Michael J. Lockwood knows that when it comes to relationships, women really have the control. It’s the man’s game not to let them know it. This empowering book is a wake-up call for women. It challenges them to be responsible for their actions, raise their standards, stop compromising, and to use their power to find a man who cherishes commitment and appreciates a fine woman. (via Amazon)
- The Best Sex of My Life by Dr. Lindsay Marsh: A transparent, bold, real-life discussion of the ‘grey’ areas of sexual abstinence, young adult sexuality and a guide to the principles of obtaining the best sex of your life, through purity. (via Amazon)
- Growing Toward Spiritual Maturity by Gary C. Newton: A strategy for growing toward Christlikeness must be based on the actual ways that people grow and develop into maturity in Christ. Through identifying and understanding how we grow spiritually, this course will help you become more intentional in Bible study, prayer, lifestyle choices, evangelism, and spiritual gifts. (via Amazon)