Happy New Year!
I finally took time to write out all of my goals for this year and just want to share what they are…
- Pray. This year I want to strengthen my prayer life. I want for praying to become a habit for me. I want to learn to pray before, during, and after every situation I am faced with.
- Start each day early and slow. I noticed that when I wake up earlier in the mornings, I have more time to slowly get into my day. I have grown to appreciate having time to meditate, pray, and journal in the mornings. This makes a HUGE difference in how my day goes.
- Go to bed earlier. I know that if I plan to wake up earlier, I will have to go to sleep earlier.
- Blog. Blogging is still very new to me, but this year I want to become more creative and consistent with it.
- Attend church regularly. Last year I made a lot of excuses for why I wasn’t in church like I should’ve been, but this year I want to push myself to attend more often.
- Exercise. Last year I found a rhythm in my schedule that made it easier to incorporate regular exercise. This year I want to push myself to keep up with it.
- Conscious eating. I don’t like saying that I’m going to cut a lot of stuff out or go on a diet because that never works for me. But I have noticed that certain foods don’t agree with my body anymore. So, this year I will pay more attention to that and be a lot more conscious of what I’m eating and how much I’m eating.
- New experiences. I want this year to be filled with new experiences and in order to do that I’m willing to push myself out of my comfort zone. I want to meet new people, join new organizations, travel to new places, eat at new restaurants, explore new hobbies, etc.
- Learn new scriptures. I have a wall in my room filled with all of my favorite scriptures. This year I want to learn new scriptures that I can add to my wall.
- Save more money. Last year I was able to reach my goal in how much I aimed to save by the end of the year. This year, I set a new goal amount that I plan to reach by the end of this year.
- Continue practicing self-care. I have grown to appreciate even the small things that make me happy like getting some good sleep, taking a hot bath, eating good food, getting my nails and hair done, etc. This year I want to make a grander effort to continue making myself happy.